Truth made a brief appearance from two unlikely sources at today’s [April 2] House Judiciary Committee hearing of HR 5, known as the “Equality Act,” which broadly imposes the LGBT agenda and does not exempt churches or religious employers, organizations or colleges.
Chairman Jerry Nadler, a Democrat, confirmed that First Amendment religious liberties would be assaulted since there is no religious exemption to HR 5.
“Religion is no excuse for discrimination when it comes to sexual orientation or gender identity,” said Nadler.
Julia Beck, a self-described radical lesbian feminist and the former law and policy co-chair of Baltimore’s LGBTQ Commission, also testified before the committee with a surprising revelation of truth of what will become reality if HR 5 becomes law.
“This would eliminate women and girls as a coherent legal category worthy of civil rights protections. There is no way to tell if someone is lying about being transgender,” said Beck.
If gender identity becomes recognized in federal law, she added that:
• Male rapists will go to female prisons and will likely assault female inmates, as
has already happened in the UK.
• Female survivors of rape will be unable to contest male presence in women’s
• Men will dominate women’s sports and girls who would have taken first place will
be denied scholastic opportunity.
• Women who use male pronouns to talk about men may be arrested, fined, and
banned from social media platforms.
• Girls will stay home from schools when they have their periods to avoid
harassment by boys in mixed-sex toilets.
• Girls and women will no longer have a right to ask for female medical staff or
intimate care providers, including elderly or disabled women who are at serious
risk of sexual abuse.
• Female security officers will no longer have the right to refuse to perform pat-
down or intimate searches of males who say they’re female.
• Women undergoing security checks will no longer have the right to refuse having
those searches performed by men claiming a feminine identity.
Beck added, “It’s already happening. And it’s only going to get worse.”
Members of the U.S. House of Representatives recently introduced this bill that threatens the free exercise of religion and free speech. HR 5, amends the Civil Rights Act of 1964 by striking the word “sex,” and inserting “sex, sexual orientation, gender identity” as protected classes throughout the federal code. This amendment applies to employment, housing, rental, public accommodation and more.
Used with the permission of Liberty Counsel.
Liberty Counsel is an international nonprofit, litigation, education, and policy organization dedicated to advancing religious freedom, the sanctity of life, and the family since 1989, by providing pro bono assistance and representation on these and related topics.