MAT STAVER, LIBERTY COUNSEL
The so-called “Equality Act”—which is now in the Senate—will force LGBTQ norms and abortion into every corner of our lives. It will even control everything we do online—nothing will escape the reach of this bill.
The “Equality Act,” if passed, will put extreme LGBTQ and abortion advocates in full control over YOU. Your speech, social media, websites, church, schools, day care, work, insurance, medical care and more will be affected. But we can stop this bill in the Senate if we act now! —Mat
In the United Kingdom, public disagreement with the LGBTQ agenda, if perceived to be insulting, can result in fines or even jail.
- The late evangelist Harry Hammond was arrested, charged and convicted under U.K. Hate Speech laws for displaying a sign bearing the words “Jesus gives peace, Jesus is Alive. Stop immorality, Stop homosexuality, Stop lesbianism. Jesus is Lord.”
- And a street preacher named Stephen Green was arrested for handing out pamphlets that called homosexuality a sin.
These outrages, and more, will come to the U.S. if we do not STOP the so-called “Equality Act.”
Among other things, the “Equality Act” will mean that:
- Biological men will destroy women’s sports and have entry to their restrooms, locker rooms, dressing/shower rooms and shelters.
- Churches will be forced to provide equal access to LGBTQ ceremonies if the facilities are open to natural marriage ceremonies.
- Churches and religious schools would be forced to hire staff involved in LGBTQ conduct; give men access to restrooms, locker rooms, showers and sports; allow boys to bunk with girls on camping and overnight trips; and provide insurance to cover hormones, mutilating surgeries, and chemical and surgical abortions.
- Noncompliant churches and schools will lose federal, state and local tax exemptions and accreditations.
- From pre-K, children will be taught that they can choose their gender, will be encouraged to experiment with each other to find their “identities” and will be able to demand opposite, both and neither sex pronouns (he for a girl, zie for they or neither, or mx for both).
- Pregnancy centers will be forced to provide abortion referrals.
I know it’s hard to believe, but the “Q” in LGBTQ, includes about 550 sexually deviate paraphilias—including pedophilia.
The activist group LGBTQ Nation states: “A queer definition … goes far beyond mere sexual orientation or gender identity.”
The “Q in LGBTQ can also signify other sexual orientations and gender not covered by the acronym’s preceding letters. If you’re gender-neutral, non-binary, agender, genderfluid, pansexual, asexual, solosexual or something else not covered by LGBT, the Q has got you covered!”
And if this bill passes, you will not escape its reach!
The “Equality Act” will also make abortion a federal right and EVERY STATE LAW will be preempted—including parental notification and consent, informed consent and doctor regulations.
Prefer a petition over a fax? Select here.
Mat Staver is Senior Pastor, Founder and Chairman of Liberty Counsel.
Used with the permission of Liberty Counsel.
Liberty Counsel is an international nonprofit, litigation, education, and policy organization dedicated to advancing religious freedom, the sanctity of life, and the family since 1989, by providing pro bono assistance and representation on these and related topics.